I live and have raised my family on the North Shore of Vancouver which has been my backyard for two decades. My children attended Elementary and Secondary school in West Vancouver, College in Vancouver and were involved with local little league baseball and rugby clubs.
I own the Sotheby's International Realty office in beautiful Lions Bay along Howe Sound; the Amalfi Coast of Canada!
The Sea to Sky highway is the growth corridor of the North Shore and Lions Bay is the jewel in the crown. My history and local presence lends expertise to selling or buying in West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Lions Bay, Seascapes, Furry Creek, Britannia Beach, Squamish and the Howe Sound generally.
EDUCATION - I received my Law Degree from the University of Queensland in 1991; completing the last 2 years of my degree whilst clerking for a Judge in the Australian Federal Appeals system.
BUSINESS AND LAW - My background is that of 30 year business and litigation lawyer with an extensive background in commercial/residential property sales and financial transactions. I remain a non-practising member of the Law Society of BC and, whilst I do not actively practice law anymore, my experience is invaluable when it comes to negotiating your purchase or sale.
REAL ESTATE - I have considerable personal experience in the purchase, development and sale of residential and mixed-use properties and residential subdivisions. I follow the advice which I give to my clients; real estate is a reliable and lucrative investment vehicle.
MARKETING AND SALES - Prior to my career in real estate I served as Vice President, Corporate Sales and General Legal Counsel for a multinational company. Rather than wait for international buyers to come to Canada I have pursued relationships with referral partners in China, the Middle East, Germany, Australasia and Latin America. This has only been strengthened by my Global connections within the Sotheby's International Realty network.
Combining these proficiencies in law, knowledge of property and business-to-business sales ensures that my clients have strong and skilled representation; from negotiating the purchase or sale to explaining the nuances of the contract I add value to the experience.
There are three reasons why I make a difference for my clients:
- A Realtor® who has experience as a 30 year lawyer is a powerful representative.
- Through the unrivalled Sotheby’s Global Marketing Channels I will market your property differently and more extensively. Not merely through social media or an ad in a local publication, but internationally to real, purposeful home buyers and investors coming from Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Latin America.
- I am personally involved in your sale or purchase from start to finish including experienced initial research, sale preparation/staging through to negotiation skills. I do not delegate our relationship to junior staff.
My clients can expect:
- An understanding that your home has sentimental and financial significance.
- Years of legal expertise to call upon in the negotiation of the transaction and the protection of your position.
- The best possible financial result from your purchase or sale.
- A stress free experience.
- Tenacity from your Realtor®